Athletics Year in Review
June 07, 2018
It has been an exciting and rewarding year for the Athletics Department at Léman. Our students displayed school spirit, teamwork, and Bulls pride at games, practices, and school events throughout the year. We are proud of all our student athletes for their sportsmanship, hard work and team spirit! A few highlights of the season are featured below.
– This year we added 3 new teams: 5th/6th grade Volleyball, Girls Varsity Soccer, and Girls Varsity Tennis
– Overall team record: 129 wins and 71 losses
– We had over 135 athletes in grades 5-12 compete in the fall, over 160 in the winter, and over 95 in the spring.
– Boys Varsity Soccer team finished second in the ISAL. Joost Schuttenbelt finished the season with a record 30 goals.
– Boys Middle School Soccer finished third in the ISAL.
– Girls Varsity Volleyball finished third in the ISAL.
– Girls Middle School Volleyball finished first in the ISAL and was undefeated.
– Boys Varsity Cross Country team member Eliya France finished fourth overall in the ISAL championship.
– Boys Varsity Swim finished first in the ISAL swim championships.
– Girls Varsity Swim finished first in the ISAL swim championships
– Boys JV Basketball finished 2nd in the ISAL.
– Middle School Boys Basketball finished 3rd in the ISAL league.
– Boys Varsity basketball made it to the NYSAIS tournament.
– Girls Varsity basketball finished with a record of 16-6.
– Girls Varsity Softball won the ISAL league and playoff championships and made it to the quarterfinals of the NYSAIS tournament.
– Krystle Boadi finished second in the NYSAIS track championship in the 100 meters and 4th in the 200 meters.
– Varsity Golf Renato Pacha finished first in the ISAL championships.
– Boys Varsity Volleyball finished first in the PSAA league and playoffs. They also made it to the semifinals of the NYSAIS championships.